Rodent Control Methods FAQ
- SANITATION IS THE FIRST LINE OF DEFENSE. YOU USUALLY DON'T HAVE AN ABUNDANCE OF RODENTS WITHOUT FIRST HAVING ENOUGH FOOD AND SHELTER.
- ALL garbage PILES AND REFUSE must BE ELIMINATED.
- LANDSCAPED AREAS SHOULD BE PROPERLY MAINTAINED. Even a scattering a leaves can make an enticing home for mice.
- ALL GARBAGE CONTAINERS AND DUMPSTERS SHOULD HAVE TIGHT FITTING COVERS.
- RODENTS CAN LIVE ON THE SPILLED AND SURPLUS FOOD FROM BIRD FEEDERS AND DOG AND CAT FOOD. If you have a bird feeder, try to keep waste cleaned up or switch to a system that minimizes waste.
- Use steel wool to seal up tiny cracks and crevices that may be hiding mice and rats.